Quantcast

Traffic Light system in quality management

Traffic Light system in quality management

Didarul
Pls let me know that which AQL system is applicable for Traffic Light system quality control in garments industry.

Re: Traffic Light system in quality management

prasanta
Hi Didarul
As per my knowledge, no AQL level is used in Traffic Light Inspection system. Traffic light inspection system used in production line where operators sew garments. At this stage not a single defective garment is passed and sent to next operation. The purpose of using this system is to bring in notice to the line supervisor that how good is the operator in term of making quality work.

Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) is used in inspection of goods where auditor/inspector need to take a decision to Pass/Fail the lot.

To know more about the Traffic light inspection system and its procedure, and marking RED/YELLOW/Green criteria, read following article.
Traffic Light System for Quality Inspection in Garment Manufacturing
Prasanta Sarkar

Re: Traffic Light system in quality management

Didarul
Many thanks for your reply and I am happy to get the information.

Re: Traffic Light system in quality management

Dutta
Hi Didarul
In garment industry there are few types of inspection system followed to ensure the out put is of expected quality and meets the buyers quality criteria.Inline inspection system, Roaming inspection , Traffic light inspection system ,End of line inspection , or Table checking , Audit  of the checked pieces. are some of the system followed by the garment manufactures . Very few garment manufactures follow Traffic light inspection system.  In this system each operator is given a card to asses his performance. Line q.c. in charge goes to the operator and picks up few pieces for random check and based on the inspection result the line q.c. marks either red or green on the card.
Dutta

Re: Traffic Light system in quality management

Didarul
Hello Dutta,

Thanks for your clarification and I am clear reg this system and I am going to apply this system in my factory

Re: Traffic Light system in quality management

Nataniel
I know what QCS stands for  - it's Quality Control Systems. It can be used in pulp industry, agriculture  and manufacturing industries.